2 Storey Home For Sale
27 Glenburnie Road , Glenburnie, NL, A0K 1K0
Cottage and Waterfront Property
Municipality of Glenburnie, Bonne Bay
Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland
- 2 storey with dimensions of 22` by 34`.
- 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, laundry room.
- electric and wood heat, insulated walls.
- 100 amp electrical service.
- Municipal water supply.
- septic tank installed.
- includes all furnishings and appliances.
- bedrooms not completely finished, laminate flooring to finish is included.
- includes cushion flooring that were to be installed in the laundry room, kitchen and upstairs bedroom.
- the patio was constructed with non-pressure treated lumber and is in need of replacement.
- a shed with dimensions of 10` by 12` is included.
- large secluded section of deeded property with approximate dimensions:
145`west by 301` south by 102` east by 307` north.
- the NE section of the property is open to the salt waters of Bonne Bay. The remainder of the property is bordered by natural vegetation in a very private setting.
- the cottage is accessed by a short lane from Glenburnie Road.
- a boardwalk is situated around the northeast and north sections of the property, along the waterfront.
- the boardwalk was constructed by the Municipality and the cottage owner gave permission for the boardwalk to cross his property in one section.
Gros Morne - Bonne Bay Area
- the Municipality of Glenburnie is located on the Western Arm of Bonne Bay and is an enclave community within Gros Morne National Park.
- other communities in this area of the Park include Birchy Head, Shoal Brook, Woody Point and Trout River with a total population of approximately 1600.
- the Glenburnie area experiences mild and sunny summers and large snowfalls in the winter.
- snowmobiling, nordic and alpine skiing are popular winter activities; boating, kayaking, swimming, biking, hiking, fishing and hunting are popular summer and fall activities.
- there are 4 golf courses located within an hour`s drive from Glenburnie.
- the area has an active Volunteer Fire Department, weekly garbage collection and the roads are serviced year-round by the Department of Transportation.
- municipality taxes are very low in the $300 range annually including a treated water supply.
- Bonne Bay is a large fjord-like bay located on Newfoundland`s west coast. The bay is made up of 2 deep-water arms, the Eastern Arm and the Western Arm and is one of the great natural attractions in Gros Morne National Park.
- surrounded by the Tablelands and the Long Range Mountains, the Bonne Bay area is one of the most spectacular natural environments in the world, and has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- attractions include numerous hiking trails, many natural swimming areas, daily wildlife sightings,
unlimited recreational opportunities, heritage theatres and festivals, quaint fishing villages and geological wonders.
- Glenburnie is located 60 kms from the Town of Deer Lake and the site of the busiest airport on Newfoundland`s west coast.
- the City of Corner Brook is approximately 110 kms from Glenburnie and is home to Grenfell College and the Marble Mountain Downhill Ski Area.
- the ferry terminal at Port aux Basques is located approximately 340 kms from Glenburnie and the capital city of St. John`s is 720 kms away.
- Newfoundland`s second UNESCO site is located at L`Anse aux Meadows, about a 4 hour drive from Bonne Bay. This is the site of the first known Viking settlement in the New World and is another world class tourist attraction.
Dryer, Fridge, Microwave, Stove, Washer
Bath and shower, Bath Tub, Separate Toilet, Two Sinks
Lake/Pond/River, Near Park, Near Schools, No Backyard Neighbors, Panoramic View, Recreational/Community center, Water View, Waterfront
$300 / year